Pages

Thursday 22 September 2011

Bargain Hunting

Am realising that I'm not so good at this updating my blog lark (note to self: update more often!)

I seem to spend days off seeing people, rather than being creative at the moment. And whilst I want to branch out into projects of an evening, work leaves me incredibly shattered, and I have no idea where the evenings go. Kinda sucks, but I guess I just need to work on the balance of it all.

Yesterday I met up with a couple of beautiful ladies, in the forms of Si and Jame. Both had bubbies with them, so there were plenty of cuddles to go with the gossiping.



After returning home, I had something of a special moment, where I managed to confuse grams of butter, for ounces of butter, and ranted about not having enough to make cakes to take to The Lady Luck. This happens when I'm not in the best of moods, have something of a migraine coming on, and have consumed 4 bottles of Brothers strawberry cider over the course of an afternoon. So, this morning, I realised my mistake, and set about making more Millionaire's Cupcakes to sell.

I've started adding chocolate coins to the tops of the cakes to give them some height, and to hopefully make the students go "ooh, shiney!" and buy them. They seem to be going well so far, fingers crossed the success continues and grows.

Finally, we're having another massive sale at work. Whilst sorting through sale items over the past couple of weeks, I came across a couple of funky retro-esque finds.


I have a huge thing for cherries (stating a fact, in case you couldn't tell from the blog title, tattoo, cherries on many many things I own) I love the fact that this necklace has the twist of the googly eyes.

Also found this set of earrings at the bottom of a basket. Yes, one of the bows is missing, but the whole pack itself only cost £1.00, so can't really complain. Am looking forward to matching these with outfits and wearing them many many times.


No comments:

Post a Comment